Saturday, March 8, 2014

Painted entertainment center and matching end tables

So I have this brown entertainment center I purchased at Walmart about four years ago. It was maybe two hundred dollars nothing to fancy. It had a huge hutch piece on it that I asked my hubby to remove ( wish I had a previous pic). I also had a set of end tables given to me by my mother in law about ten years ago they were cherry wood and I painted them grey a while back but just wasn't feeling the color so I changed them to. Well I for one love to be different and just get tired of brown and tan and I am slowly adding color where ever I can. So I decided to finally paint my tv stand and end tables. All I did was remove any hardware,  sand with 60 grit sand paper,  wood fill any holes or inperfections, wipe down with a damp cloth, prime with kiltz primer, add three coats of Vintage teal paint (will post a picture), two coats of polycrylic.... tada newly painted furniture... it did take me hours upon hours for all the coating. Oh and I always only use a purdy brush. Happy diy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment