Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My $20 yardsale Dining set redone

So I have been looking for a new dining set for a while and I have been searching for a round one that I seen on pinterest. A few months ago a lady has a round table and mismatched chairs for $20! So I was beyond excited. I rounded up my crew and we headed to get it. When I picked it up I have to say it was in awful shape, the table top was worn and had markers and paint on it the chairs smelled funky but good thing I can always see past all that. The dining set has been sitting in our building about two months because I will admit I am awful about starting a project and starting a new one before I am done the Mr hates this so I had to be learn to wait. Finally two weeks ago I finally cleaned it up and took a palm sander to the table top it was ALOT harder than I though it literally took me days and hours to get it to the bare wood. So I used my father in laws palm sander with 110 grit sand paper and then sanded the table legs and chairs. I then primed and painted the table and chairs with spray paint krylon primer and used six cans of krylon ivory satin spray painy for the the chairs and table bottom, I let that dry and added polycrylic. Then I went to Mary Jo's and bought two yards of fabric... p.s. way too much but oh well. I redid the cushions and then used a stain and polycrylic in one a few coats on the top ( be very well ventilated in this step I learned the hard way and got sick). Any who $60 all together for a dining set is alright by me. Until the next project have a great day lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment