Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our first house

Well we bought a house in September of 2013. We have only been here a few months and we have already made so many changes to our 1960s house. When we viewed the house I was a little hesitant at first but I see potential in most things and it was a heck of a deal. The walls were dark panel, yellow stick down tile floor that was in awful shape, dirty carpets, and dark oak kitchen with white counters. It for real looked like 1960s yuckkkk! We have done a lot of improvements and I have completed most of them myself, my poor husband works alot so I have learned to do home improvements thanks youtube and the almighty Pinterest ♡. Our first project was painting all the walls and let me tell you painting panel makes a world of difference however it is more complicated to paint due to the cracks and coating to cover the panel. I first started with Kiltz primer I purchased at lowes and then the fun part picking out paint for the rooms. Pictures coming soon. 
P.s. red is a hard color to paint several coats. Fyl. Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment